Saturday 23 March 2013

Quist Quest

The life we plan to have:

Each of us go through life with all sorts of plans and ideas of what road we think our life will take.

As a child we may plan what job we may have or how many children we may have. As a teenager we dream about the person we may marry. Once married we plan our dreams together of what shared ideals we wish to pursue.

However sometimes life does not go the way we wish it to. Our dreams of how many children we will have, may be shattered by the news of infertility. Our plans of growing old with our partner may get cut short due to illness or disease. The idea of having your own mother watch you raise your children may not come about as you lose a parent early.

Whatever life may bring, there is always a certainty that you simply cannot plan everything and at times there may be devastating situations that cross your path.

So what happens when our plans go catastrophically awry:

Some people are markedly changed for the worst through such circumstances and depression and anger may haunt them. Others become amazing people that shine forth to all that see them and hear them.

It is this second type of person that I want to aquaint you with!

Meet Rebecca:


I spent much of my high school years with a friend named Rebecca, and though our lives are no longer so closely entwined due to distance, I was shocked to hear some devastating news last year.

At the end of last year I found out that my friend, who is very young and has 2 beautiful young girls, has stage 4 cancer!  She has 5 cancers in her liver, many in her stomach lining and 1 large one in her colon. 
Now for most people this would shatter their lives completely... and I am not saying that it is not shattering their lives. However, my beautiful friend is displaying such strength, faith, courage and beauty throughout all of this and I do not think anyone that has contact with her has not been affected by it.

You can even watch a Youtube video of Rebecca talking about how this new part of their life affects her and her family and her faith and courage here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vSHIXwcLRE


So why am I telling you all this?

No matter how strong a person may be and how many amazing people surround them and support them in their difficult journey, there are always huge costs involved with the type of medical treatment that Bec needs. I may not live close enough to help clean her house (and those that know me and my house, know that that is not really my forte anyway), or have lots of money to donate.... but I do make jewellery and I would love to help in some small way.

For me a butterfly is all about transformation and new beginnings! 
I know Bec is on a new journey and I beleive she is being transformed into an even more amazing and beautiful woman!
So I am going to auction off one of my blue morpho butterfly wing hairclips (pictured below) with all the money to go to Bec.

If you want to bid on the item head over to my facebook page and put in a bid, the higher it goes the more I will add in for the winner. Auction will end on Wednesday night at 8pm.

 (image courtesy of heels & bows photography)

In the meantime if you cannot bid on this item, please keep Bec and her family in your prayers.





No comments:

Post a Comment